Kid-Friendly Hotels in Eugene
Our natural surroundings and outdoor offerings are enhanced by providing a variety of organized activities that encourage children, adults, couples and families to participate together. Programs and activity vary by season.
Onsite Activities Include:
- Seasonal Outdoor Pool with Kiddy Pool
- Ping Pong Table
- In-Room Movies
- Bike Rentals
- 12 Mile Paved Ruth Bascom Riverbank Trail System
Offsite Activities Include:
- Build-A-Bear Workshop located adjacent to our hotel in the Valley River Center
- Run it off at RiverPlay Discovery Playground, where kids can uncover fossils in sand dig, climb a 25-foot replica of Skinner Butte or make a dam of sand and water in a replica Willamette River.
- Play for an hour or two at the Eugene Science Center, the petite, well-loved cousin of science museums. You won't find the multi-story experiences offered in the big cities, but it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours!
- Spy an eagle or falcon at the evergreen-sheltered Cascades Raptor Center, where over 60 resident birds represent 33 species in outdoor cages. Each bird's short story is right next to their cage, so you can discover more about each raptor - or maybe even "adopt" one. Wear sturdy shoes, as the ground is uneven.
- Kick City Sports Park is your locally owned, conveniently placed indoor sports facility with two indoor soccer fields and five outdoor batting cages for use. They also have the best sports pub and soccer pro shop in the Eugene/Springfield area. Where else can you watch live soccer, hit a few balls, hang out with friends while enjoying great food, and shop for soccer gear?
- Ride a six-foot wave at Splash! At Lively Park. This swim center is a lap above similar community pools; there's a baby pool, a corkscrew slide, hot tubs - and oh yeah - that crazy, deep wave pool that tosses swimmers around like driftwood. In a fun way, of course.