Our natural surroundings and outdoor offerings are enhanced by providing a variety of organized activities that encourage children, adults, couples and families to participate together. Programs and activity vary by season.
Onsite Activities Include:
- Seasonal Outdoor Pool with Kiddy Pool
- Ping Pong Table
- In-Room Movies
- Board Games
- Bike Rentals
- 12 Mile Paved Ruth Bascom Riverbank Trail System
Offsite Activities Include:
- Build-A-Bear Workshop located adjacent to our hotel in the Valley River Center
- Run it off at RiverPlay Discovery Playground, where kids can uncover fossils in sand dig, climb a 25-foot replica of Skinner Butte or make a dam of sand and water in a replica Willamette River.
- Play for an hour or two at the Science Factory Children's Museum & Exploration Dome, the petite, well-loved cousin of science museums. You won't find the multi-story experiences offered in the big cities, but it's a fine way to spend a half-hour or so, and admission is only $4/person.
- Spy an eagle or falcon at the evergreen-sheltered Cascades Raptor Center, where over 60 resident birds represent 33 species in outdoor cages. Each bird's short story is right next to their cage, so you can discover more about each raptor - or maybe even "adopt" one. Wear sturdy shoes, as the ground is uneven.
- Chuck E Cheese's features age appropriate games, rides, prizes, food and entertainment that children of all ages from toddlers to big kids will love. They also provide great food for the family including freshly baked pizzas and a garden fresh salad bar. They are a great place to take the kids for everyday fun or for special occasions such as birthdays, play groups and school fundraising events. They believe that today, more than ever, kids need a safe, wholesome environment in which they can laugh, play and simply enjoy being kids.
- Kick City Sports Park is your locally owned, conveniently placed indoor sports facility with two indoor soccer fields and five outdoor batting cages for use. They also have the best sports pub and soccer pro shop in the Eugene/Springfield area. Where else can you watch live soccer, hit a few balls, hang out with friends while enjoying great food, and shop for soccer gear?
- Ride a six-foot wave at Splash! At Lively Park. This swim center is a lap above similar community pools; there's a baby pool, a corkscrew slide, hot tubs - and oh yeah - that crazy, deep wave pool that tosses swimmers around like driftwood. In a fun way, of course.