Valley River Inn has not only been part of Eugene's history for the last 40 years, but an integral part of the Pacific Northwest. Located on the Willamette river, Valley River Inn prides itself on becoming more sustainable in an effort to protect the surrounding natural beauty.
In July 2012, Valley River Inn implemented a "green team" committee to enable all departments to coordinate and gather ideas for the future. Our Green Initiatives now include:
- Housekeeping opt-out program for reuse of towels and linens,
- Laundry water conservation system called Aquanomics,
- Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner dispensers to cut down on waste,
- Light bulbs and fixtures are now energy efficient CFL's,
- Installment of a wine tap in our bar to cut down on glass waste,
- New appliance purchases must be energy efficient with appropriate star rating,
- Use of non-VOC eco-friendly paint,
- Chef's garden
- Food composting program
All of this work was made possible by our employees who are renowned for giving a great guest experience both with what the guest can see and what the guest cannot see. TripAdvisor recognized the diligent work of Valley River Inn as we were labeled a green hotel in silver status on the TripAdvisor website. Valley River Inn understands the importance and influence we have on our environment, and we strive to provide the most sustainable solutions in the hotel industry. The future and growth of the Valley River Inn is exciting, and we look to continue to improve upon our ultimate goal of being the premier hotel for all people and occasions.