Time Line of Valley River Inn's 42 years!
- September 1973 Valley River Inn opens to the public
- July of 1974 VRI published their "You don't have to go to Hawaii to go Hawaiian" Summer Luau evening
- March of 1976 finished the $2 million dollar expansion project on the hotel making it the largest tourist and convention center outside of Portland, bringing the total rooms to 260.
- November 1976 Elvis and his entourage stays at the hotel while he plays in Eugene
- August 31st, 1978 Singer Ray Charles performs at the Valley River Inn
- November 1979 first shopping package with Valley River Center is first available
- September 1999 Bolshoi Ballet Touring Troupe from Moscow stays at the hotel
- July of 2006 the Thai Royal Princess Visits Eugene
- Summer 2007 Willie Nelson Band Stays with the Hotel
- April of 2008 Former President Bill Clinton stays with VRI while campaigning for his Wife Hilary
- June 4th, 2012 the Valley River Inn under new management by Destination Hotels Finishes a Multi- Million Dollar Renovation.
We are proud to have 40 years of rich history as Eugene's beloved hotel, and our guests are what have made that possible. We are looking for memories and moments shared with us by our guests over the years. If you have a photo, video or story you can share please submit contact Jamie Shelton (541)681-5077 or firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your story.